What is live-in care?
Live-in care provides you with an alternative to a residential or nursing home.
Your carer lives with you, in your home, 24 hours per day, providing round-the-clock support with:
- Personal care (dressing/undressing, washing, showering, bathing, oral care, hair care, nail care shaving, continence care, toileting).
- Supervision of medication (gently reminding you to take prescribed medication)
- Administration of medication where appropriate
- Housework – cooking, cleaning, laundry
- Shopping, visits to places of worship, clubs, friends, etc.
- Companionship –the reassurance that there is always someone in the house night and day gives peace of mind to you and those who love you that you will never be left without help if it is needed.
This means that you can stay in your own home, follow your own routines, keep your garden and pets and keep up with your friends and neighbours.
You can live your life just as you want – for a cost equivalent to, or lower than, many residential homes.
How much does Live in Care cost?
It depends on your personal needs, but the total cost is normally between £1,000 and £1,500 a week.
Please call us on: 01442 843064 today for a chat about how we can support you.