We are Your Own Home Care Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales.. Our company number is 9013836 and our registered address is
1 Deans Meadow Dagnall
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We will continue to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act (“DPA”) until 25 May 2018, after which we will comply with the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) unless and until the GDPR is no longer directly applicable in the UK, together with any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation as amended or updated from time to time in the UK, and any successor legislation to the GDPR and the DPA (together “Data Protection Legislation”). We are the data controller of data you pass to us pursuant to this policy. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at Helen.Yates@yohc.co.uk.
What information does Your Own Home Care Limited hold and how will we use it?
Information you give Your Own Home Care Limited: You may give us information about you by completing enquiry forms on the website. The information you give us may include your name, email address, and phone number. As a general principle, Your Own Home Care Limited will not keep (or otherwise process) any personal data for longer than is necessary. If Your Own Home Care Limited no longer requires the personal data once it has finished using it for the purposes for which it was obtained, it will delete the personal data.
Information Your Own Home Care Limited collects about you: Your Own Home Care Limited may collect the following information from you when you visit the website:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, website errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our helpline
As a general principle, Your Own Home Care Limited will not keep (or otherwise process) any personal data for longer than is necessary. If Your Own Home Care Limited no longer requires the personal data once it has finished using it for the purposes for which it was obtained, it will delete the personal data.
To enable us to provide you with the best possible experience of our site and services we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
If you continue to use our site, you agree to our use of the disclosed cookie file.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Use Made of the Information
Your Own Home Care Limited may use the information we receive and/or collect about you to:
- Fulfil our obligations under any contract we have entered into with you or with a Client you represent, and to provide you or the relevant Client with information or services you or the Client has requested
Your Own Home Care Limited processes personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all the following:
- Where the processing enables Your Own Home Care Limited to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve the website, its services or communications
- To identify and prevent fraud
- To enhance the security of Your Own Home Care Limited’s network and information systems To better understand how people interact with Your Own Home Care Limited’s websites
- To administer the website and carry out data analysis, troubleshooting and testing; and
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising
We will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us (other than as set out in this policy) without your prior consent, unless required to do so by law.
How Safe is your Information?
Protecting your security and privacy is important to us and we make every effort to secure your information and maintain your confidentiality in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Legislation. The website is protected by various levels of security technology, which are designed to protect your information from any unauthorized or unlawful access, processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
We will do our best to protect your personal data but the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Any such transmission is therefore at your own risk.
Disclosure of your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
Please note we may need to disclose your personal information where we:
- Sell any or all our business or assets or we buy another business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller
- Are under a legal duty to comply with any legal obligation or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or
- Need to disclose it to protect our rights, property or the safety of our customers or others, including the exchange of information with other companies, organisations and/or governmental bodies for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Rights in Respect of your Data
If any of the information you provide to us via the website changes, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can make the necessary changes to the information we hold for you on our database. If you wish to make any changes to your information, please contact us via the following webpage www.yourownhomecare.co.uk.
If you wish to access or rectify the information we hold about you, or request that such information be transmitted directly to another data controller, please contact us via the following webpage www.yourownhomecare.co.uk. We shall process your request to access your information within one month of receipt, or we’ll let you know within that timeframe if we need more information from you. We will process your request free of charge.
To request that your information is deleted or if you wish to restrict or object to the processing of your information, please contact us via the following webpage www.yourownhomecare.co.uk.
If you have any complaints about our use of your personal data, please contact us. You also have the right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority in your jurisdiction. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office. Contact details for the ICO can be found at https://ico.org.uk/.